Destination Wedding Planning
As a Destination Wedding consultant, my role includes:
- Assisting with destination choices, providing information for up to 3 locations that meet or exceed expectations. Considerations will include: travel considerations for couple and guests, location amenities, wedding package inclusions and budget.
- Negotiating supplier group contract or group code to include discounts for all guest reservations. To receive group discounted rates, the number of required room nights must meet or exceed minimum requirements as determined by the resort policies.
- Group amenities may include:
- Free nights credits
- Free events credits
- Discounts on wedding packages or credits toward wedding ceremony packages
- Guest room upgrades
- Any additional honeymoon amenities for the wedding couple
- Securing wedding date, general location within the resort, and provide legal destination marriage requirements. Note: It is the responsibility of the wedding couple to complete all necessary paperwork and provide payment means in a timely manner.
- Facilitating payment of ceremony / wedding date deposit and processing corresponding paperwork.
- Arranging all travel plans for guests attending including:
- Round-trip air (if required)
- Hotel accommodations
- Transfer to and from airport/hotel
- Travel insurance
- Pre-planned destination tours (if requested)
- Processing of any travel insurance claims (if required)
- Coordinating honeymoon plans for the wedding couple
- DeTour Travel Agency is a travel agency and not the wedding event coordinator.
- Our responsibilities are related strictly to the facilitation of travel, acquisition of accommodations and securing an event venue for the wedding couple as well as guests of the event. I will facilitate the initial communication between the wedding couple and the wedding coordinator who will assist with ceremony details such as colors, cake flavors, etc at the appropriate time.
- Assistance with wedding ceremony planning is available upon request and for an additional fee
DeTour Travel Agency will make every reasonable effort to communicate with the wedding couple, provided phone numbers, mailing addresses and electronic communication means are kept current. It is the responsibility of the wedding couple to inform DeTour Travel Agency of any changes as soon as possible.
Destination Wedding Planning Fees & Payment Schedule
Travel planning involves time and expertise. Our research is based on personal experience and professional resources. The preferred supplier partners that we select have been chosen based on their ability to meet your specific event needs and that of your guests. Your final itinerary will provide an event that should meet or exceed your expectations.
In order to perform the professional services required to plan and arrange your destination wedding, a planning and research fee of $350 is required. This payment is due at the time of agreement and is not refundable for any reason.
Destination Wedding Planning Retainer Agreement
By submitting this form, I give authorization for DeTour Travel Agency to charge my card for the deposit. I understand this deposit will be refunded upon completion of travel or retained by DeTour Travel Agency as presented in this agreement.
In the unfortunate event of trip cancelation for any reason, I understand the Plan To Go Deposit is non-refundable.